- Wireless ISP’s (WISP) – the other white meat of the broadband world.
- Smart Grid Operators and Fixed Wireless ISP’s – They should be like peanut butter and chocolate.
- TV White Spaces can be used for fixed wireless in large metro markets…but only if the manufacturers change equipment design convention.
- Should USF Funds be used for broadband in areas that already support private sector investment?
- Broadband Internet – If you build it and GIVE IT AWAY, will they come?
Bob Pensworth, CFO,… on Wireless ISP’s (WISP)… Matt on Wireless ISP’s (WISP)… News of Note —… on Smart Grid Operators and Fixed… Brian Webster Consul… on Smart Grid Operators and Fixed… Jim Wiesenberg on Smart Grid Operators and Fixed…
Category Archives: Municipal Wi-Fi
I have been providing RF Engineering services to the Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISPs) for a number of years now and watched this segment of the broadband industry grow and mature. Today this industry is made up of mostly small … Continue reading
So the stimulus program had two major initiatives that seemed separate but really should have been put together. Smart Grid and Broadband Internet. Smart grid technology is supposed to help us better manage the power systems and keep closer tabs … Continue reading
TV White Spaces can be used for fixed wireless in large metro markets…but only if the manufacturers change equipment design convention.
I have been reading through the new TV White Spaces rules and it occurred to me that if the wireless radio manufacturers could get away from half duplex radios running on the same frequency, fixed Wireless Internet Service Providers (WISP’s) … Continue reading
I am the type of person that likes to see things done based on facts and hard data. Emotional pleas, feel good efforts and programs that don’t produce any measurable results frustrate me to say the least. Right now there … Continue reading